Health Care in the Crosshairs: OSHA’s New Health Care Enforcement Initiative
Watch the Video on Youtube or Here:
Download the Slides or View via Slideshare:
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has heightened its enforcement efforts to levels never seen before. Recently, OSHA announced that the entire health care industry is in its crosshairs and enforcement actions against the industry will begin very soon.
The health care industry has one of the highest rates of work-related illnesses and injuries in the country and, for that reason, the agency will soon issue updated guidance that instructs OSHA offices to allocate enforcement and other resources to inpatient health care facilities, such as nursing homes and hospitals that have occupational illness and injury rates above the industry average.
Epstein Becker Green attorney Valerie Butera will present a webinar briefing on how health care employers can best prepare for and manage an OSHA inspection. Specifically, the webinar will review:
- The five health and safety hazards that OSHA intends to focus on when inspecting health care facilities
- The steps that health care employers should take before OSHA begins an inspection
- Health care employers' and employees' workplace inspection rights
- The stages of OSHA inspections
- Tips and best practices to manage each stage of the inspection
- Post-inspection considerations and strategies
If you have questions regarding this event, please contact Kiirsten Lederer at (212) 351-4668, or [email protected].