Going Through Withdrawal: Strategies to Minimize Your Multiemployer Pension Withdrawal Liability, Protect Your Assets, and Save Your Business
3462 Freedom Drive
Springfield, IL 62704
This interactive workshop will offer unionized employers the opportunity to learn innovative business planning strategies and aggressive negotiation techniques to address what is likely the most critical challenge facing their companies: multiemployer pension withdrawal liability. In addition, the substantial impact of the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 (“MPRA”) will be discussed and analyzed.
- Survey the significant challenges facing employers participating in multiemployer pension plans and the recent changes to the calculation of withdrawal liability encompassed within the MPRA
- Learn the basics of withdrawal liability, how it is triggered, and how it impacts employers today
- Discover how to analyze and track how withdrawal liability is calculated and assessed, and how the statutory caps and timing could work to an employer’s advantage
- Examine the critical issues that employers face in responding to an assessment of withdrawal liability
- Build strategies for assessing and minimizing withdrawal liability risks through collective bargaining and business planning
Clearly, employers—especially those whose collective bargaining agreements are expiring—are at a critical juncture.
Join Epstein Becker Green as we discuss these issues in greater detail and present unique strategies to minimize your risks and save your business. Choose either Springfield or Chicago, the same great program will be offered in each location. Admission is complimentary, and lunch will be served.
9:00 a.m. – Registration
9:30 a.m.–Multiemployer Pension Withdrawal Liability – Basics
10:45 a.m. – Morning Break
11:00 a.m. – Withdrawal Liability – Risks, Strategies, and Business Planning
12:00 p.m. – Lunch & Questions
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- General Counsel
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Human Resources Professionals
Registration and Lunch Are Complimentary.
Each Springfield attendee will qualify for one entry in a drawing for tickets to the Cubs/Cardinals game, at Busch Stadium on June 28.