Getting Out of the Weeds: What Employers Need to Know About Marijuana in the Workplace
Valerie Butera and Nathaniel Glasser, Members of the Firm, present a Lawline webinar, "Getting Out of the Weeds: What Employers Need to Know About Marijuana in the Workplace."
- Understand the various protections provided by state legalization laws, including decriminalization, nondiscrimination, and accommodation
- Identify current federal enforcement priorities under the Controlled Substances Act
- Discuss the effect of state legalization laws on drug-free workplace policies
- Explore whether employers must accommodate an employee’s use of medical marijuana
- Know how to respond to increasing numbers of pre-employment and on-the-job positive test results for marijuana
- Recognize elevated hazards presented by marijuana use by employees required to operate motor vehicles
- Address OSHA’s recommendations for dealing with employees who use marijuana
- Propose strategies for dealing with inherent conflicts in state and federal law
For more information, visit Lawline.com.