Foreign-Owned Companies Doing Business in the United States: What Employers Need to Know
Jeffrey M. Landes and Susan Gross Sholinsky, Members of the Firm, present "Foreign-Owned Companies Doing Business in the United States: What Employers Need to Know," a webinar hosted by the Clear Law Institute.
When international companies do business in the United States, there is a lot to keep in mind. Employers (including managers) must understand which US employment laws apply, and which exceptions may be applicable.
This webinar will address:
- Which US employment laws apply to international employers, and exceptions that may apply
FCN Treaties, and the protections they provide
- The most common issues faced by international employers doing business in the United States
- A discussion of claims commonly found in discrimination suits against US subsidiaries (and/or their foreign parent)
- Minimizing litigation exposure, including during reductions-in-force
- Properly managing and training “rotational employees” assigned in the United States
- Best practices for drafting tight secondment agreements.
For more information, visit ClearLawInstitute.com.