Current Developments in Employment Law – 2017: ALI-CLE Course of Study
La Fonda on the Plaza
Frank C. Morris, Jr., Member of the Firm, will co-chair an American Law Institute (ALI) CLE annual course,"Current Developments in Employment Law – 2017" being held Thursday-Saturday, July 27-29, 2017.
Featuring active discussions between top practitioners and judges, thorough coverage of the most pertinent issues, and authoritative materials, this annual conference delivers insight and nuance that cannot be found at other employment law programs. Join our national faculty of federal judges, a senior EEOC official, and private practitioners as they examine today’s key employment and labor law developments.
Topics to be covered include:
- The new administration: what lies ahead
- Supreme Court review and commentary by federal judges on the U.S. Supreme Court's 2016-17 term
- Recent NLRB precedent changes: which ones could be reversed and how will the courts react?
- Emerging ADA and FMLA developments
- Current discovery and evidentiary issues
- Arbitration in the employment setting
- LGBT issues in the workplace
- FLSA developments: DOL and the courts
- Whistleblower law and retaliation
- Settlement of employment cases: the hot button issues
The conference is enhanced by the collaborative spirit of the discussions and accessibility of the faculty members. Engage with faculty and fellow practitioners at breakfast discussion roundtables, an open-air evening reception, and a special tour led by Justice Judith Nakamura of the New Mexico Supreme Court Building in Santa Fe.
For more information, please visit ALI-CLE.org.