AHLA Annual Meeting: Quality, Value, and Geographic Variation – the Institute of Medicine Responds to Congress
Doug Hastings, Member of the Firm and Chair of the Board of Directors of Epstein Becker Green, copresents "Quality, Value, and Geographic Variation - the Institute of Medicine Responds to Congress" at the AHLA Annual Meeting, which runs from June 30 to July 3.
- Congressional origins of the IOM's study on geographic variation in healthcare spending and promotion of high-value care
- New IOM research on geographic variation in healthcare spending
- Influence of the utilization of post-acute care on variation in Medicare spending
- Assessing a "value index" for Medicare payment that would modify provider payments based on geographic area performance
- Targeting the appropriate level of healthcare decision-making through payment reforms
For more information, visit HealthLawyers.org.