Constance A. Wilkinson, Member of the Firm, will Co-Chair this conference and join a panel discussion titled "Effectively Managing the Solicitation Process and Working With the Contracting Office."
- Understanding the terms of the solicitation and the obligations imposed by FAR regulations incorporated into the agreement
- Developing SOPs for dealing with the administrative requirements imposed by the FAR regulations
- Identifying the correct forms that must be completed and completing them properly
- Pre-award pricing disclosures
- Negotiating who is a "comparable customer"
- Gathering the information the manufacturer will need to provide during the course of the solicitation process
- Determining when a contract needs to be modified what is expected when a modification is submitted?
- Developing a roadmap for VA FSS pharmaceutical contract negotiations
- How has the contracting offi ce evolved over the past year
- What best practices would the contracting office like to see manufacturers employ?
- What changes, if any, is the contracting office contemplating since the restructuring took place?
Benjamin S. Martin, Member of the Firm, will join a panel discussion titled "Managing the Implementation and Operational Challenges Resulting from Significant Changes to the 340B Program." Topics include:
- Purpose and function of the 340B program
- Identifying 340B "covered entities" and "new" covered entities created under PPACA
- Eligibility for new entities
- Validating the eligibility of purchasers best practices for monitoring HRSA data
- Distinguishing 340B sales from non-340B sales made to entities that fill both types of prescriptions
- Managing the accrual uncertainty created by the expansion of the 340B program
- Restrictions for participating covered entities
- Understanding 340B pricing
- Treatment of 340B sales in other federal drug pricing calculations
- Adjusting PHS prices if and when prices are restated for Medicaid rebate purposes
- Understanding how the new URA cap at 100% of AMP can still result in penny pricing and making system adjustments to capture this type of penny price
- Recalculating the PHS price for "line extension" products
- What obligations do manufacturers have to ensure that PHS pricing is available to covered entities?
- Preventing double dipping by entities that participate in both 340B and GPO contracts
- Update on the proposed rule for auditing processes and dispute resolution
For more information, visit the American Conference Institute website.