DEAN L. SILVERBERG is a Member of the Firm in the Labor and Employment practice, in the firm's New York office. He practices both public and private-sector labor and employment law, and is actively involved in employment and workplace tort litigation, labor arbitration, collective bargaining negotiations, wage and hour audits, and human resource consultation and management.
Mr. Silverberg's experience includes:
- Providing sexual harassment training to approximately 2,000 executives, managers and supervisors in the New York State Unified Court System.
- Serving as director of labor relations for Bellevue Hospital Center, a component of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation.
- Representing employers before the courts and administrative agencies at the federal, state and local level.
As Head of the firm's China Initiative, Mr. Silverberg travels to China to meet with executives of the parent companies of the Chinese subsidiaries he represents in America, confers with representatives of the Chinese Government and trade organizations, and presents seminars to Chinese businesses seeking to operate or invest in the United States. He works closely with Chinese businesses in the U.S. in various industry sectors to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Silverberg was deputy counsel to Mayor Edward I. Koch of New York City. He served as an advisor to the Mayor's Office in connection with public-sector labor relations, personnel management, and civil service administration from 1983 through 1986. He was appointed in 1983 as a city alternate member of the New York City Board of Collective Bargaining. After Mr. Silverberg joined Epstein Becker & Green, Mayor Koch appointed him a full city member of the Board of Collective Bargaining, and he served in that capacity through 1993.
Mr. Silverberg coauthored the Employer's Guide to Military Leave Compliance, published by Thompson Publishing Group. Mr. Silverberg frequently writes and lectures on a range of employment law topics including employment and workplace tort litigation, worker classification matters, human resource consultation and management, and military leave compliance.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1986)
- Labor Law, Awarded the Seymour Goldstein Memorial Prize for Academic Excellence in the Area of Labor Relations
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1977)
- Binghamton University, State University of New York (B.A., 1974)
- with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- New York
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- NYU School of Law, Center for Labor and Employment Law, Member, Advisory Board