Rankings & Recognition
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
In 2013, Mr. Garland was admitted to The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers as a Fellow, the highest recognition by one's colleagues of sustained outstanding performance in the profession, exemplifying integrity, dedication, and excellence.
The Best Lawyers in America
Mr. Garland has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2006 to 2017) in the fields of Employment Law—Management and Labor Law—Management.
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
Mr. Garland has been named in Chambers USA among the "Leaders in Their Field" since 2010. Chambers USA has noted that Mr. Garland is:
- "acknowledged as a talented litigator who excels on behalf of financial services clients ... lauded for his 'calm demeanor and cool head in a crisis'" (2010);
- "lauded for bringing a 'rare dose of common sense' to complex employment disputes" (2011);
- "'meticulous and doesn't miss a thing' ... 'extremely competent, a good litigator and never overworks a case'" (2012);
- "'fully understands the business realities and gives practical advice'" (2013);
- “an 'excellent, experienced litigator'” (2015); and
- “well regarded as a labor and employment attorney, for his ability to ‘ service his client very well,’ and for being a ‘responsive’ and ‘attentive’ lawyer” (2016).
The Legal 500 United States
Mr. Garland was recommended in the Labor and Employment Litigation category by The Legal 500 United States in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
New Jersey Super Lawyers
Mr. Garland has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list (2005 to 2016) in the areas of Employment & Labor and Employment Litigation: Defense.
Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers
Mr. Garland has been listed in Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers (New York, 2013; New Jersey, 2014 to 2016).