DAVID D. GREEN is Counsel in the Employee Benefits practice, in the firm's Newark office, with more than 30 years of experience advising on ERISA, tax, and executive compensation issues.
Mr. Green's experience extends across the full range of corporate employee benefits and compensation plans, including:
- Designing, amending, and administering all types of ERISA plans—401(k), pension, welfare, and flexible spending accounts
- Consulting with plan administrative and investment committees on plan governance, provider or investment selection, and handling of benefit claims, appeals, or lawsuits
- Complying with ERISA, tax, and reporting requirements such as the Form 5500 Annual Report, prohibited transactions, HIPAA privacy, and Internal Revenue Service or Department of Labor plan correction procedures
- Counseling on executive compensation, equity compensation, and supplemental retirement plans, including Section 409A compliance and noncompete clauses
- Advising on employee benefit issues relating to employment and severance/downsizing, including COBRA continuation
- Reviewing employee benefit plan issues in corporate mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence reviews and plan mergers or terminations
Formerly, Mr. Green was in the Employee Benefits Tax Practice at a major national accounting firm in New York, New Jersey, and Washington, DC. During the last 12 years, he served as a senior corporate employee benefits counsel to three Fortune 200 insurance and financial institutions in the New York City area.
Mr. Green was ranked in Chambers USA (2014 and 2016) among the “Leaders in Their Field” in New Jersey for Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 1981)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1973)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1970)
- with High Honors
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section, Employee Benefits Committee