D. MARTIN STANBERRY is an Associate in the Labor and Employment practice, in the firm's New York office.
- Assists in the defense of employers alleged to have committed unfair labor practices in violation of the National Labor Relations Act
- Handles cases involving claims of employment discrimination and retaliation under federal, state, and municipal law, including Title VII, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Helps defend employer rights in grievance proceedings initiated pursuant to the terms of union contracts
- Assists in the representation of clients dealing with potential withdrawal liability and fiduciary violations under ERISA
- Prepares position statements for clients in response to allegations of discrimination filed with state and federal agencies
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Stanberry served as an intern at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Cleveland, Ohio, where he assisted a number of Assistant U.S. Attorneys with prosecutions and legal research.
While attending law school, Mr. Stanberry was a Comment Editor of the Case Western Reserve Journal of Law, Technology and the Internet and a legal intern in the Civil Litigation division of the Milton A. Kramer Law Clinic Center.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Southwestern University (B.A., 2008)
- New York
- New York County Lawyers' Association