COLIN G. McCULLOCH is an Attorney in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
- Advises clients on a variety of matters related to federal and state antitrust issues
- Provides corporate and regulatory advice to hospital systems on structuring traditional and non-traditional affiliation arrangements, including not-for-profit "conversions" and physician collaborations
- Advises clients on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues
- Advises for-profit and not-for-profit health care clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, physician groups, and other provider organizations and businesses, on transactions and regulatory matters, such as licensing laws, HIPAA privacy requirements, and state and federal administrative matters
- Counsels for-profit and not-for-profit businesses on mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Drafts and negotiates managed care agreements, physician employment agreements, licensing agreements, and management services agreements
Prior to law school, Mr. McCulloch worked in health care finance as both a health care consultant (including as a Manager in the National Strategy practice of a major U.S. audit, tax, and advisory firm) and as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at a variety of for-profit and nonprofit hospitals. His advisory experiences have included physician acquisitions, corporate mergers, reimbursement matters, debt offerings, strategic planning, and corporate compliance. As a CFO, Mr. McCulloch was responsible for the overall financial management of the organization and for implementing corporate compliance policies; preparing for, and defending against, payor claims audits; issuing new debt; and acquiring physician practices.
Mr. McCulloch is a licensed (but inactive) certified public accountant in the State of Georgia.
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D.)
- Florida State University (B.A.)
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Health Care Financial Management Association