CASSANDRA LABBEES is an Associate in the Employee Benefits practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Advises clients on designing, implementing, maintaining, administering, and terminating employee benefit plans, such as defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans
- Counsels clients on HIPAA privacy and security compliance issues and on their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA
- Represents management and plan fiduciaries in employee benefits and ERISA-related disputes, involving both single-employer and multiemployer plans
After graduating from St. John’s University School of Law, Ms. Labbees joined the U.S. Department of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration, where she served for more than eight years as an investigator. In this role, Ms. Labbees initiated, planned, coordinated, and conducted complex civil and criminal investigations of large and varied employee benefits plans, service providers, Taft-Hartley plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, trust departments, and other financial entities holding plan assets and/or providing investment advice to ERISA clients. She also investigated allegations of criminal misconduct (including theft or embezzlement from employee benefit plans, false statements, conspiracy, and other applicable provisions of the United States Code) and violations of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and the Affordable Care Act.
While attending law school, Ms. Labbees was a legal intern at the Legal Aid Society – Juvenile Rights Division, at the St. John’s Child Advocacy Clinic, and for the Honorable Ruben Martino of the Harlem Community Court in New York City.
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., 2004)
- New York