CARLY EISENBERG HOINACKI is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. She represents a wide variety of health care industry clients, including hospitals, physician groups, accountable care organizations, management services organizations, independent practice associations, home care agencies, managed care entities, wholesale drug and medical device distributors, and private equity firms investing in the health care sector.
- Represents clients in health care transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and contractual arrangements
- Advises clients on the formation and operation of accountable care organizations
- Represents middle-market private equity firms in their acquisitions of portfolio companies
- Advises clients on federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws with respect to both structuring health care transactions and day-to-day operations
- Counsels on a wide range of regulatory matters, including the corporate practice of medicine, fee-splitting prohibitions, and Medicare and Medicaid compliance
- Advises on federal and state data privacy and security issues, including HIPAA and HITECH Act compliance
- Provides advice on FDA and state regulatory issues related to wholesale drug and medical device distribution, pharmacy compounding, and human cellular and tissue-based products
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Hoinacki was a health care attorney at an international law firm. She previously worked as a Student Intern, then as a Student Assistant, and then as a Student Mediator at the New York Attorney General’s Office in Binghamton and Mineola, New York.
As a law student, Ms. Hoinacki served as an Administrative Editor of the Boston University Journal of Science & Technology Law and completed the Boston University School of Law concentration in Health Law. She also served as an Extern for the Office of General Counsel at a Harvard medical school teaching hospital.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Concentration in Health Law with honors
- Administrative Editor, Boston University Journal of Science & Technology Law
- Binghamton University, State University of New York (B.A., 2007)
- magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association