BRIAN G. CESARATTO is a Member of the Firm in the Litigation and Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green.
Mr. Cesaratto's practice includes complex commercial litigation, internal and law enforcement investigations, employment litigation, criminal defense, and computer and electronic data misappropriation, breach, and forensics. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). He was awarded this information technology security audit certification by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (see www.isc2.org).
In his practice, Mr. Cesaratto has:
- Litigated matters in the state and federal courts involving a broad range of legal subjects, including business disputes, employment discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, and civil rights
- Provided legal advice on preventing cybersecurity and data privacy issues and litigated cases involving breaches
- Assisted clients with the complexity of issues involving the handling of electronically stored information (ESI) and e-discovery and litigated those issues
- Advised clients in the negotiation of software licensing and technology related agreements, including SaaS
- Litigated civil and criminal matters through their various stages at both the trial and appellate levels, including discovery, evidentiary hearings, dispositive motion practice, oral argument, and jury trials to verdict
- Conducted internal investigations into misappropriation and breach of electronic data and financial misconduct, and represented targets of internal, regulatory, and criminal investigations
- Provided legal advice on a wide range of commercial, compliance, software licensing, unfair competition, and personnel issues
Mr. Cesaratto draws on a diverse legal background that includes private practice with national law firms, lengthy solo practice, and serving as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York.
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar (1985 & 1986)
- St. Lawrence University (B.A., 1984)
- cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- New York