BONNIE I. SCOTT* is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
Ms. Scott's experience includes:
- Assisting pharmaceutical companies in drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements and maintaining clinical research compliance
- Providing advice to pharmaceutical manufacturers and life sciences companies on U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") compliance matters, and assisting in the development of FDA premarket clearance and approval strategies
- Counseling hospitals and other health care providers in the areas of federal and state health care fraud and abuse issues, including anti-kickback and self-referral claims
- Assisting clients in preparing self-disclosures
- Providing advice on managed care compliance issues
- Advising clients on regulatory compliance, reimbursement, coverage, and policy issues related to the use of telehealth, mobile health, and related information technology platforms
In 2016, Ms. Scott served as a contributing author of Epstein Becker Green's 50-State Survey of Telemental/Telebehavioral Health, detailing the rapid growth of telemental health—mental health care delivered via interactive audio or video, computer programs, or mobile applications—and the increasingly complex legal issues associated with this trend. She is also a contributor to the Health Law Advisor Blog.
While at law school, Ms. Scott was a Notes & Comments Editor of the Emory Law Journal and served as an administrative intern at The Emory Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia. She also worked as an intern at the Office of General Counsel, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in Atlanta; a health care reimbursement consultancy serving hospitals in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania; and the Arthritis Foundation in Washington, DC. Ms. Scott is a recipient of George Washington University's Outstanding Academic Achievement Award.
*Admitted in the District of Columbia and New York; not admitted in California (admission pending).
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- with honors
- Emory University (M.P.H., 2012)
- The George Washington University (B.S., 2009)
- summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Health Lawyers Association