Epstein Becker Green Launches TechHealth Perspectives BlogJune 26, 2012
NEW YORK (June 26, 2012) — The national law firm of Epstein Becker Green (EBG) today announced it has launched the TechHealth Perspectives blog, which will provide up-to-date coverage and analysis on telehealth and telemedicine, privacy and security issues, health information technology, state and federal regulatory issues, and the latest information on health care reform.
"EBG is at the forefront of emerging laws and the new application of current laws related to information and communications technologies used in health care delivery and diagnostics," said Dale Van Demark, a Member of the Firm in the Corporate Services and Health Care and Life Sciences practices, in the Washington, D.C., office. "Our attorneys apply in-depth legal knowledge to strategize with their clients to provide advice on matters relating to developments in health technology and the use of these technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of health care."
Epstein Becker Green provides complete services to health care technology and telehealth clients including:
- Counseling non-traditional health care companies such as IT and consumer electronic entities entering the health market
- Analyzing laws regarding licensure, prescribing, reimbursement, coverage, practice of medicine, credentialing, and privileging
- Assisting new health technology companies regarding legal, regulatory, and business issues
- Counseling regarding various issues (including fraud and abuse) in establishing telehealth regional networks
- Security risk assessments as required under HIPAA rule, federal contracting standards and for "meaningful use" payments
- Counseling clients regarding privacy and data security compliance and related issues, including security and gap analyses
- Defense of actions brought by federal and state government and/or private litigants
- Responding to CMS, client and contractor audits
The authors of the blog are attorneys in the firm's Health Care and Life Sciences practice, including Ross K. Friedberg, Amy Lerman, Rene Quashie, Joel Rush, Alaap B. Shah, and Dale Van Demark. Visit the TechHealth Perspectives blog at www.techhealthperspectives.com.
About Epstein Becker Green
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., founded in 1973, is a national law firm with approximately 300 lawyers practicing in 11 offices, in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, San Francisco, Stamford, and Washington, D.C. The firm is uncompromising in its pursuit of legal excellence and client service in its areas of practice: Health Care and Life Sciences, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Corporate Services, and Employee Benefits. Epstein Becker Green was founded to serve the health care industry and has been at the forefront of health care legal developments since 1973. The firm is also proud to be a trusted advisor to clients in the financial services, retail, and hospitality industries, among others, representing entities from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our commitment to these practices and industries reflects the founders' belief in focused proficiency paired with seasoned experience. For more information, visit www.ebglaw.com.
Public Relations Manager
Epstein Becker Green